* This is a sponsored post.
Synthetic fibres VS Human hair crochet braids – which is better? Before choosing which crochet hair you prefer, let’s look at the pros and cons of the two.
- If you want to go after a very specific look, synthetic (Kanekalon) fibres have a wide range for you to choose from.
- Synthetic fibres are easier to work with since they slip far less than real hair.
- The ends won’t tangle when you wear them loose.
- You can seal the braids with just hot water.
- They are more affordable.
- Some synthetic fibres can look weird. They can look unnaturally shiny.
- They can also look too dull.
- If you don’t replenish the moisture of the roots of your real hair, they can make them dry.
- You can’t use a curling iron. The ones that claim that you can are way too drying and glossy.
- Crochet braids that use human hair will allow you more styling options. You would be able to use curling irons and hot rollers without wax paper.
- Human hair has an attractive natural gloss.
- They don’t dry out your own hair and scalp as much.
- Human hair is reusable.
- Human hair for crochet braids is more expensive.
- You must tie a knot to each end. They won’t seal with just hot water. Some higher-end human hair won’t even seal with a knot.
- They tend to slip more.
- The ends can tangle when worn loose.
- Some human hair is heavily treated with chemicals and dyes so if you go swimming in a chlorinated pool, you might get an undesirable chemical reaction.
Synthetic Fibres VS Human Hair
Whether you choose synthetic fibres or human hair, there are a few things that you need to do before you get crochet braids installed.
- Make sure your hair is washed and conditioned.
- Get a hot oil treatment to seal in all the moisture.
- Apply a protein treatment between shampooing and conditioning to help strengthen your hair and make it ready for a long-term crochet braid.
(This Crochet Braids – Synthetic Fibres VS Human Hair post contains affiliate links that help fund this website. Read my full disclosure here. You can also donate any PayPal/Bitcoin amount to the site here. Thank you for your support!)